The 2017 Wellness Challenge is here! Over the next six months, we encourage you to focus on your personal wellness and overall health. We’re setting the bar high for ourselves as a company. Not only have we extended the length of the challenge, we’ve also raised our step goal. And did we mention that we’re giving away some big checks and increased your chances of winning? The Wellness Challenge will kick off on Monday, March 20th and conclude on Sunday, September 17th.
Our goal this year is to have over half of the company participate in the 2017 Step Challenge. We’ve broken all of the branches up into regions, not only to encourage a little friendly competition, but also to increase your odds of winning if you complete the challenge. But wait … there’s more! The three regions with the highest number of participants who complete the challenge will qualify for additional prize drawings.
RULES & REQUIREMENTS
Participants will register as individuals. Each participant must have meet a minimum of 45,000 steps per week (average). There will be a half time drawing as well as the final grand prize drawing. To qualify for each drawing you must have an average of 45,000 steps per week. We understand that life happens. You are allowed to make up missed steps. Just note, you must have an average of 45,000 steps per week at the time of the half time drawing as well as the grand prize drawing to be eligible.
- You must be enrolled in the Wellness Program (completed your Biometric Screening) in order to enter the 2017 Challenge.
- The deadline to sign up with your branch coordinator to participate in the Step Challenge is Friday, March 17th.
- Atlantic will offer the Fitbit Zip for $20, the Fitbit Flex 2 for $55 or the Fitbit Charge 2 for $95 to any employee who has not participated in a past Step Challenge or any employee who needs to replace a nonfunctioning Fitbit from a previous challenge.If you need to order a Fitbit, please fill out this form and pay your branch coordinator. All Fitbit orders must be placed and paid for on or before Friday, March 10th.
GET THOSE FITBITS READY & SIGN UP
- If you’re new to the Challenge, create a Fitbit account, sync your device, and start recording your steps
- Set your week beginning to “Monday” (NOT the default Sunday)
- Use “First name, Last Name” + Branch Location
- If you want to share your Fitbit profile picture with the team, setup/Update your photo on your Fitbit account before signing up for the contest
- Sign up with your branch coordinator and provide them with your email address
- Be on the lookout for the link to register online next week!
- Need help? Please check out these “Fitbit How To” Videos
You’ve talked the talk and you’ve walked the walk and now it’s time for prizes. To increase your odds of winning (trust us, we did the math), we’ve divided all branches into four regions. There will be a half time drawing and a grand prize drawing for each region. The three regions with the highest number of participants to complete the challenge will also participate in a Teamwork Makes the Dream Work bonus drawing.
Half Time Drawing
Who doesn’t love a good half time show? To celebrate the half way mark of the challenge, eligible participants will be entered into a drawing, by branch, for a chance to win a prize. The drawings will take place on Friday, June 23rd. We will draw one winner per branch. To be eligible for the drawing, you must have completed an average of 45,000 steps per week from the kick off of the challenge on March 20th to the half way point of June 18th.
Grand Prize Drawing
You’ve stayed focused and determined for 6 months, and you’ve got the calves to prove it. If you maintained your average of 45,000 steps per week, you will be entered into the grand prize drawing for your region. Each region will have one $5,000 winner. That’s right, there will be four drawings, with each winner walking away with a giant check for $5,000.
Teamwork Makes the Dream Work Drawing
There’s no ‘I’ in TEAM. Please encourage your colleagues to join the challenge. The top three regions with the highest percentage of participants to complete the challenge will be eligible for a bonus drawing.
Region with Highest Percentage of Participants to Complete the Challenge
$3,000 prize drawing
Region with 2nd Highest Percentage of Participants to Complete the Challenge
$1,500 prize drawing
Region with 3rd Highest Percentage of Participants to Complete the Challenge
$500 prize drawing
- Grand Prize Winners will not be eligible to win the bonus “Teamwork Makes the Dream Work” drawing if their region is eligible.
- All cash prizes will be processed through payroll with applicable taxes & 401k deferrals withheld