Now is the time to quit
Dramatically increase your odds of quitting tobacco – at no additional cost
Ready to get off tobacco for good? Get the support you need at no extra charge whatsoever. As a Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC) member, you have
100% coverage for:
- Four telephone counseling sessions with QuitlineNC – a state-based, tobacco-cessation program
- Tobacco-cessation screening
- FDA-approved prescription tobacco-cessation drugs
- Over-the-counter Nicotine Replacement Therapy drugs (requires a prescription for 100% coverage)
Getting the right help makes a huge difference
The fact is that only about 4 to 7 percent of people are able to quit smoking without medicines or other help.1 When people combine QuitlineNC with Nicotine Replacement Therapy the quit rate is 41.8 percent.
Available to all BCBSNC members, QuitlineNC has a 93 percent satisfaction rate by program participants.3 And more than half of those were “very satisfied.”
QuitlineNC offers you:
- Confidential tobacco-cessation counseling
- Highly trained, multilingual Quit Coaches
- 24/7 availability
- 41.8% quit rate3
- 93% satisfaction rate[/bullets]
Your Quit Coach is ready to help you succeed.
These preventive care costs are covered at 100% only on plans that comply with health care reform preventive benefits as part of the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
Source: The American Cancer Society www.cancer.org/healthy/stayawayfromtobacco/guidetoquittingsmoking/ guide-to-quitting-smoking-success-rates (accessed March 2015).
Results gained through a combination of QuitlineNC counseling and Nicotine Replacement Therapy. Source: North Carolina State Employee QuitlineNC survey, January 2010 to September 2012.