Atlantic Eats: Chicken Pita with Avocado Mayonnaise
20 Minutes, Serves 4, 17 Ingredients
1 Tbsp. Light Olive Oil
2 (6 oz) Chicken Breasts
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1 pinch Black Pepper
4 ea. Pita Pocket
1 tsp. Light Olive Oil
2 ea. Tomato, ripe, sliced 1/4″
1 cup Kale, shredded
2 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
1/2 cup Avocado Mayonnaise
1 ea. Ripe Avocado, peeled, pit removed
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
1/2 Clove Garlic, peeled and minced
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
3 Tbsp. Light Olive Oil
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil. Place in smoker and smoke for 5-10 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked. Internal temperature should be 165º.
- Cut the pita bread in half and brush with olive oil. Grill lightly on grill.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken with the tomatoes, kale, chia seeds, and avocado mayonnaise. Season with sat and pepper if necessary.
- Stuff the mixture into the pita and serve two halves on each plate. Garnish with fresh fruit.
Avocado Mayonnaise (Yield 1/2 cup):
- Place all ingredients, except olive oil, in a food processor or vita prep. Puree until silky smooth.
- If using a food processor, turn on the machine and slowly add the olive oil. If using a Vita Prep, turn the machine to low and slowly add the olive oil. Mayonnaise will store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
See our other recipes: