Atlantic Eats: Turkey Sausage Stuffed French Toast
15 Minutes, Serves 2, 16 Ingredients
4 slices Whole Grain Bread
2 Pieces Turkey Sausage, cooked
2 Tbsp. Fruit Compote (ingredients below)
1/2 cup Egg Beaters or 3 Egg Whites
1/4 Cup Skim Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Fresh Nutmeg
Nonstick Spray (as needed)
1 Cup Mixed Fall Fruits (apples, pears, etc.)
1/2 Cup Apple or Apricot Nectar Juice
1/8 tsp. Allspice
1 ea. Orange Zest
1 ea. Juice of 1 Orange
1 ea. Cinnamon Stick
1 tsp. Sugar in the Raw
- Place 1 patty and 1 Tbsp. fruit compote on slice of bread and cover with the other slice
- Mix the egg beater, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg together. Beat until well blended.
- Spray a nonstick pan with a nonstick spray.
- Dip the stuffed bread in the batter and then add to the pan. Brown both sides. Remove and cut in half diagonally. Serve with real maple syrup or fresh fruit coulis.
- Wash and cut all the fruit into 1/4″ pieces (remove pits and cores of any fruit that have them).
- Place all ingredients in a 1 qt. non-aluminum pt and bring to a boil over low to medium heat. Reduce until thick.
- Remove cinnamon stick, refrigerate compote.
See our other recipes: