PUMPKIN PANCAKES WITH APPLE-MAPLE SYRUP
20 Minutes, Serves 2, 14 Ingredients
5 Tbsp. Oat Bran
5 Tbsp. All Purpse Flour
1.5 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Sugar
1/2 tsp. Fresh Nutmeg
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 c. Nonfat Yogurt
1/4 c. Pumpkin or Mashed Banana 1.2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
2 ea. Egg Whites
1/2 c. Apple-Maple Syrup
1/4 cup Apple Cider
1/3 cup Apple Butter
1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix all the wet ingredients (except the egg whites) in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients (yogurt, pumpkin, vanilla) and 1/ the oil to the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Beat the egg whites to medium peaks and fold into the batter.
- Using the remaining oil, oil a non-stick griddle. When the oil is hot, using a 2 oz. ladle, ladle pancake mix onto the griddle. Wait until bubbles form at the top before flipping pancake. Cook until golden brown on each side. Serve with Apple-Maple Syrup.
- Over low heat, heat the apple butter and cider until warm.
- Add the maple syrup and return to a simmer. Serve warm.
See Other Recipes: