Atlantic Eats: Low Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies
35 Minutes, Makes 48 Cookies, 11 Ingredients
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
1/2 Cup Sugar in the Raw
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil Spread (or Grapeseed Oil)
1 each Large Egg
1 ea. Large Egg White
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
2.5 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
1 Cup 70% Cacao Chocolate, chopped into size of small walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350º.
- In a stand mixer bowl, beat the sugars and vegetable spread (or Grapeseed Oil) until well blended. Scrape the sides and blend one more time.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Separately mix the flour, soda, and salt together. Mix the dry ingredients into the egg and sugar mixture. Remove the bowl from the mixer.
- Fold in the oats and chocolate.
- Using a Tbsp. or a small scoop, scoop and drop batter onto ungreased cookie sheet or silpat lined sheet pan.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 2-3 minutes.