Download the Recipe Card Here.
Atlantic Eats: Carrot Ginger Soup
20 Minute Prep, 2 Minute Cooking Time, Serves 4, 12 Ingredients
2.5 lbs Fresh Carrots, Washed and Cut into 1″ Pieces
6 oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 ea. Shallots, peeled and diced
2 each Garlic, peeled and chopped
2 Tbsp. Sherry Vinegar
2 ea. Oranges, zest and juice
2 Tbsp. Fresh Ginger, peeled and diced
1 tsp. Turmeric
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
2 Tbsp. Tarragon
1 cup Low Fat Yogurt
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- Bring a 2 qt. pot of water to a boil with 1 Tbsp. kosher salty.Par cook the carrots until tender. Drain and chill in ice water. Place in a vita prep mixer or food processor.
- In a sauté pan, over medium heat, add 1 oz. olive oil, heat until shimmering. Add the shallots, sweat 1 minute. Add the garlic and cook for 15 seconds. Remove from heat and add to the carrots.
- In the Vita prep or food processor, add the rest of the ingredients and process on high until well homogenized and smooth.
- Turn the processor to low and slowly add the remaining 5 oz. of olive oil until well blended. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve in 6 oz cups with a garnish of orange zest or chopped tarragon.
See our other recipes: